High time for a classic! I adore Audrey Hepburn, and this one was no exception.
Set in Rome right after WW2, Hepburn plays the young princess Ann on a tour of Europe who suddenly stumbles over an adventure of her own. Running away from her bedroom one night she meets Joe Bradley (Peck); an American journalist. Both pretending to be someone else, they spend the most wonderful day together in Rome.
The only problem is, Joe happens to be a journalist, and Ann happens to be a princess, and the story of her 'wild day' in Rome could be worth a lot of money...
I did like her better as the less serious Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's, but as their day progresses her, pixie-like charm is irresistable also in this one. Plus I like her opponent too. Peck is the personification of the ideal man in the 50s; older, tall, dark, generous and charming. And honest, if only at the very end...
Runtime: 118 min
Starring: Audrey Hepburn, Gregory Peck, Eddie Albert

No comments:
Post a Comment