The movie is beautifully disorganized and odd, every brother with their strange quirks. All traumatized by their father's death, all stoned on Indian pharmaceuticals. And Brody of course is beautiful :)
To be honest I'm not very good with Wes Anderson. Much of his stuff go right over my head and I'm sure there's a lot of symbolism and hidden meanings that I didn't get in this one as well, but I still liked it. I liked the 'train of life' that their father (Bill Murray) missed at the beginning, the not-so-fictional characters of Jack's short stories, the family and parental issues...
Most of all I think I liked the cliché part where they run to catch the train of life, dropping their material belongings (alternatively the baggage their father left them) as they go. It's not important to bring the past with you, it'll just weigh you down. What's important is the present, and the people you love.
Runtime: 91 min
Starring: Adrien Brody, Owen Wilson, Jason Schwartzman

No comments:
Post a Comment